Our Ten Privacy Principles
Always A Mortgage Corp., abides by Ten Privacy Principles. These principles are based on the federal government’s privacy legislation, the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act and are reflective of the legislation and regulations which govern our operations.
- Accountability: We are responsible for personal information under our control. We have designated individuals who are responsible for monitoring our ongoing compliance with the Privacy Principles.
- Identifying purposes: The purposes for which personal information is collected, will be identified by us, or through our or your authorized representatives.
- Consent: Your consent is required for the collection, use and disclosure of personal information, subject to certain exceptions. Such exceptions are set out in the law and include where legal, medical or security reasons make it impossible or impractical to seek consent. Your consent may be expressed in writing. It may also be given verbally, electronically, or through our or your authorized representatives. In certain circumstances, it may also be implied.
- Limiting collection: The collection of your personal information must be by fair and lawful means, and be limited to that which is necessary for the purposes identified.
- Limiting use, disclosure and retention: Your personal information may only be used or disclosed for the purposes for which it was collected, other purposes you consent to, or as required or permitted by law. It may only be kept for as long as is necessary to satisfy the purposes for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by law.
- Accuracy: Any personal information that is collected, used or disclosed should be as accurate, complete and as up-to-date as is necessary for the purpose for which it is to be used.
- Safeguards: Personal information shall be protected by security safeguards that are appropriate to the sensitivity of the information, in order to protect your personal information from unwarranted intrusion, release or misuse.
- Openness: Information about our privacy policies and practices for managing your personal information shall be made available to you.
- Individual access: Upon written request, you will be informed of the existence, use and disclosure of your personal information and you will be given access to it, subject to certain exceptions, as permitted by law. You may also verify the accuracy and completeness of your information, and request that it be amended, if appropriate.
- Inquiries and concerns: You may contact us at the following if you have any inquiries or concerns about our privacy policies and practices:
A Single Policy
Always A Mortgage Corp., Brokerage (License #: 11986)
Always A Mortgage Corp., Administrator (Lcense #: 12144)
Our Commitment to Privacy
At Always A Mortgage Corp., we are committed to protecting your privacy and safeguarding your personal, business and financial information. In fact, it is one of our highest priorities and remains the cornerstone of our commitment to you. In the following you will learn more about the Always A Mortgage Corp., (and all its group of companies and affiliates) Ten Privacy Principles that help guide us in this pursuit, about the types of information we collect and how it is used and disclosed and about the steps we have taken to ensure that your personal and financial information is handled appropriately.
At Always A Mortgage Corp., and all its group of companies and affiliates, we are committed to meeting or exceeding the privacy standards established by federal provincial legislation and regulations and industry bodies. Our information handling policies comply with federal and other applicable laws. Federal privacy law governs how we may use your personal information. In accordance with this law, we are responsible for letting you know how we may be required to share your personal information with the self-regulatory organizations we belong to.
The information we collect
Personal information is information that refers to you, specifically.
For any Always A Mortgage Corp., product or service you obtain, we will tell you the purposes for which we need the personal information we collect.
We will use fair and lawful means to collect your personal information. We will only collect information that is pertinent and consistent with the purposes of the collection. Whenever practical, we will collect the required information directly from you, or from your authorized representative(s), in completed applications and forms, through other means of correspondence, such as the telephone, mail or the Internet, and through your business dealings with us.
In some cases, and with your consent, we may need to ask an independent source to verify or provide supplemental information. These sources could include service providers we retain, financial institutions, your employer or credit reporting agencies. In the case of your medical or health-related information, additional sources could include your doctor(s), other healthcare providers or facilities.
What we need to know and why
We collect information from you and about you, only with your consent, or as required or permitted by law. In general, we will collect personal information such as your name, address, telephone number(s) or other identifying information, such as your Social Insurance Number (SIN) or date of birth.
The type of additional information we gather will depend on the type of product or service involved. The information gathered may be financial, which would include such information as place of employment, annual income, assets and liabilities. If you are applying for insurance, it may also include health information or lifestyle related information, such as your occupation, travel history and plans, driving record or criminal record.
Generally, we collect, use and disclose your personal information to:
- To understand your needs.
- To analyze the suitability of our products or services for you.
- To determine your eligibility for our products and services.
- To set up, manage and offer products and services that meet your needs.
- To provide you with ongoing service.
- To meet our legal and regulatory requirements.
We will only keep your personal information in our records for as long as it is needed to fulfill the identified purposes, or as required or permitted by law. Personal information that is no longer required will be destroyed, erased or made anonymous.
When we destroy personal information, we will use safeguards to prevent unauthorized access to the information during the destruction process.
Your Social Insurance Number
There are a number of reasons why we may ask for your Social Insurance Number (SIN). Where there may be interest income or other income to be reported, your SIN is required by law in order to meet tax-reporting requirements under the federal Income Tax Act, or the Quebec Act respecting the Ministère du Revenu.
At Always A Mortgage Corp., and all its group of companies and affiliates, their employees, agents, and service suppliers are all governed by strict policies that ensure your information is kept secure and treated with the utmost of care and respect. CLIENT INFORMATION IS STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL. With your consent, however, information may be shared with other Always A Mortgage Corp., businesses, subsidiaries, affiliates or suppliers who perform services on our behalf. To ensure that you benefit from our full range of products and services, and as permitted by law, client information is sometimes shared with other Always A Mortgage Corp., businesses, affiliates or subsidiaries. This is done only when the proposed services are available through another member, and only with your consent. Should you wish not to receive promotional materials from us nor have your personal and financial information shared with other Always A Mortgage Corp., businesses, affiliates or subsidiaries, simply contact us 1-877-777-9908 and ask to speak to our Privacy Officer. We collect, use and share your personal information only for disclosed purposes related to the products and services we offer, and only with your consent, or as permitted or required by law. Your consent may be expressed in writing, or it may be given verbally, electronically, or through our, or your authorized representative(s).
You may withhold or withdraw your consent for us to collect, use and disclose your personal information, as long as there are no legal or contractual reasons preventing you from doing so. Depending on the circumstances, however, withdrawal of your consent may impact our ability to continue to provide you with the products and services you have requested, or, in the case of insurance, it may prevent us from keeping your coverage in force, or properly evaluating and processing any claims.
To ensure you benefit from our full range of products and services and as permitted by law, client information is sometimes shared with other Always A Mortgage Corp., businesses, affiliates and subsidiaries. This is done only when the proposed services are available through consent. We may, for example, send you information regard the various mortgage alternatives we believe would interest you.
Generally, the disclosure of your personal information will be restricted to those who have a need for, and the right to, the information.
Your personal information will only be provided to, or be accessible by:
- Our employees, agents and representatives, who need the information in the performance of their duties for us;
- Our affiliates, to resolve your concerns about any related products and services with us assist in other required investigations;
- Service providers, which need the information in the performance of their duties for us, and to satisfy their obligations to us;
- Any person or organization to whom you gave consent; and,
- Anyone who is otherwise authorized by law.
In some cases, your personal information may be provided to these people, organizations and service providers in other provinces or jurisdictions outside Canada, and would therefore be subject to the laws of those provinces or jurisdictions.
We may use service providers to provide us with various services such as, printing, mail distribution, information technology, data storage, administration, marketing, (which would include market research and promotional services), paramedical, claims adjudication, investigation and reinsurance. Where personal information is provided to our service providers, we will require them to protect the information in a manner that is consistent with our privacy policies and practices.
Accessing and amending your information
We will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that any personal information we collect and keep is as accurate, complete and as up-to-date as required for the identified purposes. To do so, we will rely to a large extent on you to provide us with accurate information and to inform us of changes, such as changes in your contact information. You have the right to access and verify your personal information maintained in our files, and to request that any factually inaccurate personal information be corrected, if appropriate. Depending on the circumstances, we may not always be able to give you access to all information, or there may be a charge for personal information that you request. Should this happen, we will let you know.
We are committed to protecting your information
We are committed to protecting your personal information from unauthorized access or use, by ensuring that the necessary physical, organizational and technological safeguards are in place, that are appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. Essentially, this means that personal information is protected:
- Physically, by building security measures and physical barriers;
- Organizationally, by our policies and procedures; and,
- Technologically by, for example, where appropriate, the use of passwords, encryption, firewalls, anti-virus and anonymizing software.
All of our employees, representatives, agents and service providers, who act on our behalf, are required to abide by our privacy policies and practices.
If we receive a request to release your personal information, we will only do so upon satisfactory identification and proof of will only do so upon satisfactory identification and proof of entitlement of the requestor, or as required or permitted by law.
Opting Out Statement & Modify/Delete Statement
You may opt out of any future contacts from Always A Mortgage Corp., at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website, given to you by one of our mortgage agents or by clicking on the unsubscribe button on the page of any or our electronic newsletters. You may also request to:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
Questions, Concerns and Complaints